Thirty days hath September... and they are almost over! Tuesday is October 1, and I can't wait for October. I will be deep into fall fun, and I plan on dragging this blog and whoever wants to come along with me! As you can see, we've started preparing the porch...
And the mums were an anniversary present from my wonderful husband last weekend. He knows what I like.
And I've even started a bit on the dining area...
So what do I have planned for Silver Shoes & Rabbit Holes?
- Reviews of a few books, either new ones or ones we haven't read yet. Some are Halloween-themed, some with a ghostly edge.
- A look back at a few books or entertainments from my own childhood past.
- A look at some of the most frightening childhood tales of all: Fairy tales! Grimm's Grimmest, or Scary Tales. (Still working on a good title for that feature.)
- Weird phobias! Posts about pediophobia (the fear of dolls) or coulrophobia (the fear of clowns). I'm not afraid of this stuff, but I know so many who are!
- Sharing some special fall or Halloween activities our own family will be enjoying: Trips to the Kansas City Renaissance Festival, a historic home tour, a planned venture to the Oklahoma City Zoo, leaf gathering at my favorite local cemetery, pumpkin soup making, crafting...
And so, my dear readers, until then, Merry Weekend! Happy Reading!