|The Daring Book for Girls (2007) and The Double-Daring Book for Girls (2009)|
by Andrea J. Buchanan and Miriam Peskowitz. Published by William Morrow.
I noticed the other day that someone in my house had brought these books out. Are you familiar with them? The Daring Book for Girls and The Double-Daring Book for Girls are full of low-tech crafts, activities, facts, and history for girls. (If you have boys, you may be familiar with The Dangerous Book for Boys.)
I've had the books for a few years now. The girls have had to grow into them. But let me show you why the books are so precious to me.
Yes, those little strips of blue construction paper? Those are Mr. B's bookmarks. He went through these books, finding all the activities he wanted to be sure and do with his daughters someday.
He did this a few years ago. All of a sudden, the girls are older and ready to try some of these things.
I want us to be a little lazy this summer, and lots of regular playtime is great. But I would love to get to some of this stuff this year!
Here are a few more things I'd like to try:
- Big Sis has been pestering Mr. B and me to make one of these for years.
- I am in love with these and I want to hang them everywhere.
- My girls always manage to spill their bottles of bubbles, so I think this is brilliant.
- 'Tis the season for grilling! Looking forward to this and this...
- I want to do or keep doing everything on my Magical Outdoor Stuff for Kids pinboard.
- And when summer gets hot and I start to hate it, I have my Summertime pinboard to remind me of what's nice about the hottest season.
I don't know how much we will do this summer, but I hope to have fun trying!