Amelia Earhart is My Hero (Little Sis Tuesday)
I know it's been a while, but today is Little Sis Tuesday, so I will turn things over to my 9-year-old! - Danzel
Every year close to Amelia Earhart's birthday, my mom gets tagged on Facebook about Amelia Earhart. Everyone posts links to news stories about all these theories about what happened to her.
We took some pictures in front of the Historical Museum downtown, too.
I like Amelia Earhart because we have a lot in common. She was fearless and so am I. I want to fly planes, too, and we were both born in Kansas! I don't care how she died. It's the fact that she lived such a great life !
- History page for Amelia Earhart: The Lost Evidence
- Today's news discrediting the photograph
- One of many articles about the TIGHAR hunt for evidence of Amelia Earhart and Fred Noonan at Nikumaroro Island in the Pacific
- Our trip to the Amelia Earhart Festival in Atchison, Kansas three years ago.
- When we took the Amelia doll to the Kansas Aviation Museum.
- When I got my Amelia haircut.
- My favorite Halloween costume ever. I even got featured on the A Mighty Girl blog!
- You can find my doll and most of the books I've read at A Mighty Girl, too. I also have a Bessie Coleman doll, and my mom has blogged about a lot of books having to do with women aviators.
- My mom made me a Pinterest board called "Amelia Earhart and Women Who Fly."
Thanks, kiddo! I hope to be back to blogging soon. My back went out the last week of June, and I spent a lot of time in bed. I have some cool old books to share, so keep an eye out on this space! - Danzel