Friday Shelfies and Some Link Love
Happy Friday, one and all! Normally, I try and share what we've been reading on Fridays. Alas, I don't have much to share just now. I can't believe this "Winter Reading" post is already two weeks old, but there you have it. I'm still reading Cold Comfort Farm, and loving it, but I'll share more when it's finished. Big Sis has started The Spiderwick Chronicles, and Little Sis is working on a Magic Tree House title.
Remember my giant book mess from the other day? My organization project is done, at least as far as books go. This poor cube bookcase was buckling in the middle, under the weight of everything on it. I relieved the congestion quite a bit, but it involved making more room/moving things around in the girls' rooms, as well as my bedroom bookcase. I think it turned out all right.
If you want to see some "before pictures," check out my bookshelf tour on Melissa's blog.
I thought I'd take a cue from Melissa (and Darcy, and half the other bloggers I read) and do a Friday link post. I spend way too much time on the computer, you know. It's way more fun than laundry. Stupid laundry.
- This post, over at one of my favorite blogs, is one of the most beautiful things I've read in a long time. Read it. It's so precious.
- I've been suffering from a bad case of wanderlust for a while. I would love to find some beautiful woods to wander through. I do love my plains, but I don't get enough hills and trees in my life.
- I love bubble tea. Perhaps I'll try to make my own!
- This is one of my favorite snacks right now.
- One of our favorite fall and winter breakfasts is overnight slow cooker oatmeal, thanks to this blog. It began last year, when we made this to enjoy on Christmas morning. Since then, we've made this recipe a few times (Mr. B's favorite), as well as this one (my favorite). We made the Christmas oats with homemade oatmeal this year - yum.
- I saw somewhere that Bonnie Christiansen passed away this week. We loved her picture book biography on Nellie Bly, posted about here.
- Mr. B made me watch this on YouTube the other day. It's a trip!
- SO. EXCITED.
- Remember this post about my little Baconator? Well, Little Sis has her share of fans among my real-life friends. So many of them have posted this article on my Facebook, it's hilarious. Of course, my vegetarian self has no intention of attending this, but Mr. B might be able to take her.
- The Academy Award nominations were announced this week. I didn't see many movies this year, as usual. I really want to see Selma, especially now with the Martin Luther King, Jr. 3 day weekend. It's rated PG-13 because of violence, some strong language and racial slurs, and a small subplot about infidelity. I'm still considering taking Big Sis to see it, though. I think she's mature enough to handle it.
- Speaking of Oscars, what about the lack of love for The Lego Movie? We loved that movie! However, I really, really, really want to see Song of the Sea (selkies!!!!) and The Tale of the Princess Kaguya. Living where I live, it's clear I will not get the opportunity to see either of these films on the big screen. Princess Kaguya will be out on DVD and Blu-Ray (with English voice-overs) in February, while Song of the Sea will be out in March.
My mother and brother will not be bringing us a dog today. They've caught my stepdad's sickness, and are staying put in Oklahoma. Sigh. Perhaps next weekend I'll take the girls down there. We shall see. I'm taking them to see an original kiddie production of The Wizard of Oz at the children's theatre tonight, and Little Sis has her best friend-from-school's birthday party tomorrow. We decided she should introduce her buddy to her favorite buddy books!
And of course, Sunday they shall suffer through the NFL Championships. Go Pack!
Merry Weekend! Happy Reading!
Follow along with Silver Shoes & Rabbit Holes on Facebook, Bloglovin, Instagram, and/or Pinterest!