Really? It's here? I'll tell you what, this week has been a weird one. I've tried to keep the Halloween spirit up, but poor Little Sis became sick with a chest cold last week - she was feeling under the weather at her preschool Autumn Fest, pictured here - and tonight will be only the second time the girls have worn their costumes! (I'm the kind of mom who tends to drag them to a half-dozen community events...) They are Fall Fairies this year. They found a Fall Fairy costume in a catalog, which inspired us to make our own version.
Since we've had to stay in a lot the past few days, here are a few things we've enjoyed:
- this book (from our own collection)
- continuing to rip out carpet/clean up playroom (oh wait - this is the opposite of enjoyable)
- this internet radio station
- sending invitations for Little Sis's birthday party (Sunday!)
- drinking homemade hot chocolate (made with chopped semi-sweet chocolate and chopped white chocolate, and a pinch of cinnamon, sea salt, and chili powder)
- watching this movie as a YouTube playlist
- singing this song, which I learned in elementary school
And pumpkin pumpkin pumpkin!
I pureed a pie pumpkin and made pumpkin bread! It is so divine.
And the seeds! Love, love, love me some pumpkin seeds!
One more image. A neighbor man passed away this summer, and left behind his very frightened, mostly-outdoor kitty cat. We have been feeding the cat, trying to make friends with him so perhaps we can take him to the vet and find a home for him. His name is Ying. He has decided he loves my husband.
Well, a stray mama cat had kittens in our backyard, under the shed, a couple months ago. She figured out there was food on our porch, so now we have four little kittens hanging out with Ying on our porch! It's crazy. So here is Ying and his mini version.